Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A New Member of the Oregon Tech Career Staff!

Hello there!

I am the new Oregon Tech Career Services Web Assistant, which means, yours truly will be providing you with future blogs.

I am very excited to share the information and services that this department has to offer.

So you can get to know a little about who I am:

I am from a small town of Pendleton, Oregon and was raised in a suburb of there called Cayuse, Oregon (population I believe is now 16). I am currently a Junior and a Senior at Oregon Tech; I am in the process of dual majoring in Diagnostic Medical Sonography and Allied Health Management, respectively. I have been active in multiple organizations and clubs since I began at Oregon Tech.

I was crowned Miss Southern Gem 2012, which gave me the opportunity to work as an advocate for my platform: "Prevention of Impaired Driving: Driving Sober, Saves Lives" through-out the southern 11 counties of Oregon, and also provided me with over $7,000 in scholarships (a BIG thank you to Oregon Tech's President Chris Maples, the Miss Klamath County Scholarship Program and all of their wonderful sponsors).

 For two years I was the President of the Oregon Tech Dance and Cheer team and a member for 3. I have recently become an active member in the local Rock Mountain Elk Foundation. I have participated in events with local organizations such as Soroptimist of Klamath Falls, Mule Deer Foundation, and many more.

I helped co-host and organize Mr. OIT 2013, with the now Miss Oregon, Allison Cook, while raising funds for one of my favorite organizations Children's Miracle Network Hospital. I am happy to say that I have helped raise nearly $2,500 in the past 3 years for their amazing cause.

Beyond my involvements, I enjoy spending time with friends, back-packing in the Eagle Caps of Oregon, riding horses, and cooking. My future ambition is to own my own clinic to perform sonograms to patients as they develop through each trimester of pregnancy.

Ultimately I think you will get to know me even more as I begin to blog. I hope you enjoy reading my writing on the blog, as much as I like writing it.

Please visit us on the Career Services other social media forums where you will see things from "Job of the Day," latest updates, career tips, and much more!

https://www.facebook.com/OITCareerServices
https://twitter.com/OITCareerCenter

Have a great year!

Sincerely,

Megan Cook


No comments: